Wednesday, September 7, 2011

oh goodness!!

Ok...

It has been WAYYYY too long since I've posted on here. I feel like I go in waves. I feel like these past few months have just FLOWN by and I didn't make one single entry!! How could that even be!? SO much has happened in our personal lives since the last entry!

Grandma Laurie lost her battle with cancer. She fought long and hard against that ugly disease but it's nice and comforting to know that she is no longer struggling or in pain. I know that she is up with our Heavenly Father as young and healthy as she has ever been... and with company too! This summer, our family friends lost their father, John D. Kramer. And another local family lost their sweet baby, Ruby. She was the cutest baby I had ever laid eyes on-- a true angel through and through. Her story just ripped at my heart and I don't believe I have ever cried as much as I did when I heard of her passing. I prayed harder than ever before that a transplant would come and be a match. I never gave up hope!!! Unfortunately, she was called home before that perfect match arrived.

My mom had neck surgery at the end of July, then followed that, 9 days later, with a heart attack! It's scary to think that my young... HEALTHY mom had a heart attack! I don't think I have wrapped my head around that still. She will get through it though!! :)

Lexi's 1st birthday was so much fun and we had a big ol' party for her!!! Family and friends came from all over to help celebrate the big FIRST birthday! I think next year will be MUCH more low key! All Lexi wants is sweets anyway! :) ...which is what motivated her to take her FIRST steps for everyone to see straight to her Aunt Rachyl, who unsurprisingly was holding some twisslers! haha My little girl loves her sweets!


Lexi is now walking more than she crawls and babbling like a crazy kid. I love the age she's at sooooo much! She is such a goofball and I wouldn't have it any other way! I love when she looks at me and goes on and on and I have absolutely no idea what she is saying or trying to say but she sure does look adorable attempting a conversation!!

After Laurie passed away, we got another kitty! Klepto was so sad and just moping around the house. She definitely  missed her grammie... her best friend! Wilson is our new addition to our family. He is an orange marbled tabby. He is so spunky and full of energy (too much energy for grandpa and Klepto's liking at times...) but... he's getting neutured today, so it'll all be calmer VERY soon!

It's hard to believe that the summer is nearly OVER! It's sad, actually! Where did the time even go??? We spent many days out in the sun at the park, beach, lake, and pool! Lexi is my little water bug! :) She just loves to get wet and splash... this child has NO FEAR... which means this mommy makes up for it all!! haha


I love to watch Lexi play with her little friends! We spent so many days with Lexi and her little friends! I love seeing her really interact with them and not just play with her toys NEXT to her little friends! :) She's definitely a little charmer, too! ;)

This week, I decided I would start offering Lexi to model for boutique's. She is so cute and has been the perfect little model for all the little creations I make. I would love to help out other boutique's now, too! :)

I love this little face!! She spent much of her Lake Mead time nakey as she had the WORST diapey rash from teething ALL SUMMER! (we FINALLY broke 3/4 mollars though!)

Grandma Laura got Lexi a cool new set of man-powered wheels for her bday! Lexi is obsessed!

  So I guess this is the best way too cool off: ??? Every time the door opens, it's a race between Lexi and Wilson to climb in. HAHA

Lexi's first trip to the aquarium with Lauren and Nolan. Lexi LOVED the fish and sharks. I loved seeing this excited face all day. Totally worth every second of it!


I'm actually making an appearance on the family blog! Super San-O with grandpa and the Greens!


Wearing her super cute USC tutu and headband that Kristin, from Sunset Bowtique, made for her! <3 it!


Our baby, Wilson!


Lexi just loves to steal my big floppy hat! :) I think it's cute!


Fresh face just up from her nap!


Mommy and Daddy snuck out without Lexi to attend the neighbor's daughter's wedding! :) Time out without baby is such a treat! 


 Although... I do really miss this face when I'm gone! She is my favorite!!


Pre-walking at a playdate with our friends, Nolan and Lauren! :)

Well, I'll leave you with that for now! Hopefully it won't be so long before my next post!!

xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment